measurements of time..

I  used to measure time by knowing the distance between my treatment appointments.  But now there are no treatment appointments.  It used to be this week was Mass General Hospital and next week a week off.

The talk with my eldest child went as well as expected over the weekend.  The gist she got out of it was that some people get sick with cancer and get cured and some die because the medicine doesn't work anymore.   I know we got through to her, shes 6, so it's a little easier.  My youngest is 3.5 so I am not sure what he grasps.  But I feel as though we did an adequate job and that we said what needed to be said for now.  My daughter brings it up a lot on her own to talk about and not in a sad way, so thats good.  Now it's this battle of measurement in time that is all unknown.

I would like to give more frequent updates but the pain medicine I'm taking effects my vision and also my thought process.   The pain is a constant battle to keep under control, and at the same time manage my grogginess and be able to  spend time with my friends and family.

Post a Comment

0 Comments