Happy Thanksgiving

I was able to get my pill part of the treatment yesterday.  It was a long day just to get blood work done and get some pills!  We made it home safely from Boston in the wintery mix, which thankfully turned to rain.  My kids are pretty dissapointed that we don't have any snow here.

I am so thankful that I am on this trial.  I have accumulated more fluid and it is really uncomfortable and painful.  I don't know how long it will take before I have enough to get drained, but lets just pray that these drugs help shrink the tumors so that the fluid stops accumulating.

I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have been so supportive of me during the past 2+ years.  I am so thankful for my husband who stands by my side through all of my suffering, as well as my mother.  I am so thankful for my children.  A friend told me the other day that I smile when they come in the room no matter how miserable I am.  I don't think I ever noticed that, but I sure do smile just thinking about them.  I am thankful for my brother who makes me laugh no matter what and my dad who can fix anything that's wrong in our house and continues to come back to visit even though we keep putting him to work!

I am thankful to be alive!  Most people with my diagnosis live about 2 years, so just to be here today is a gift, I really have a hard time imagining living through 2015, but hopefully with this trial I will be here next year.  Have a good thanksgiving, and please be thankful for everything you have, including your health!

Post a Comment

0 Comments