heavy heart

I was admitted to Mass General Hospital Monday by ambulance, from Newport.  It was believed to be a heart attack of some sort, caused by the trial drugs, but that since has been all  resolved and they are back to focusing on the cancer.  Scans they did focusing on the mild heart attach revealed significat growth in my liver which is very enlarged and increased tumors growth, and is causing me a great deal of pain.  They finally drarined off 1 liter of fluid from my adomen which did not prove to be of much increased comfort.

This is all after spending 24 hours in the ER at Mass General, before being admitted to a very nice room.  At this point I still need to have one more meeting with my oncologist but it is my understanding, that I have very limited options.  I have been kicked off the trial due to the tumors growth.  Of course chemo always seems to be something they offer but nothing is changing, the fight is still the same.  The fight for me is to enjoy quality of life.

At this time they are working on pain management, as I am in a lot of pain.  I will not be released from the hospital until they believe my pain can be managed at home.  The goal at this time is to focus on being comfortable one day at a time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments