Something to ponder

A friend of mine shared this quote lastnight by a holocaust survivor, Viktor Frankl, "Suffering presents us with a challenge to find goals and purpose in our lives that make even the situation worth living through."

I had to hear this several times in order to comprehend the meaning.  For me, suffering is such a constant state I'm in that I found it hard to comprehend it having a purpose.  Actually the harder part for me to hear is the living through part.  If this means I end up alive in the end then I can tell you that I have certainly gained a deeper purpose in my life and a whole new set of goals.  If the outcome is that I'm a beautiful dragonfly then it might take until that transformation happens for me to find a purpose in all this suffering.  But never the less I am still living through it so it must be worth living through.

Post a Comment

0 Comments